Tuesday 1 January 2008

Two Thousand and Eight

Happy New Year!

I was going to start this blog by seeing how well I'd done on achieving my 2007 Resolutions... but apparently I did not make any... or if I did... I forgot them. Oops.

So what's up for 2008? I got asked what my resolutions were going to be last night, and I said I wasn't going to bother because I always break them. But that's rather defeatist isn't it, so let's make that number one... stay positive! A lot of people only really see the smiley Seb but I can be a bit of a grump sometimes, so I'm going to pledge to be all Pollyanna and look on the bright side.

Something I also always say is "get fit". And I'm not fat or anything, but I could definitely do more than I do now. So let's set an acheivable goal and work from there... I'm going to go for a run every week.

I'm also going to make better use of my Orange phone contract. I get about a zillion free minutes I never use, I didn't even set up a Magic Number til a fortnight ago and
I do not religiously go to the cinema every Wednesday. So expect calls asking to go to the AMC!

Also, I'm going to pledge to give money to the LGF (Lesbian and Gay Foundation) in Manchester once/if I get a job in August. This is partly to satisfy my friend Rachel who works very hard there and is always trying to get me to sign up, but also because it's a great charity that does a lot and doesn't have a lot of ways that it can earn money.

And, let's have 5 resolutions. This last one is rather up to fate who I hope is listening/reading (whatever). Can we sort me out with a man this year please? A really nice one, with a lovely smile (own teeth essential), who not only likes me, but I like him as well. Who will put up with a slight Eurovision obsession*, a near-constant laugh and a rather talkative nature.

Come on then 2008, it's gonna be gr-eat (that rhymes btw)

*Can I just take this moment to point out the trauma that is the fact that the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 takes place in the week leading up to my finals - how unfair is that?!

No comments: