Monday 7 July 2008

Holiday in a Nutshell

- Lying on a pebbly beach and not having to deal with sand
- Greeting my brother at Dubrovnik bus station
- Looking out over Kotor Bay at sunset
- Drinking beer for €1.50
- Climbing up mountains
- Getting on buses when I'm not 100% certain that it goes where I want
- Bartering in Serbian
- Admiring tapestries of Tito
- Getting met at bus stations by hot Bosnians
- Drinking beer for 3KM (=€1.50 =£1)
- Eating čevapćići for every meal
- Watching TV at night on a balcony, talking about history
- Hanging out with cool people I've just met
- Getting the email addresses of cool people I've just met so I can then go visit them in Finland/Canada/Ireland
- Hysteria on night trains
- Going back to a cool hostel
- Eating a massive salad for 30kuna (£3)
- Drinking beer for 18kuna (£2)
- Doing a Welsh accent and making the whole dorm think I am crazy
- Arriving in Slovenia
- Seeing Tina at Vila Veselova (www.v-v.si)
- Wow-ing at the Škocjan Caves
- Swimming in Lake Bled
- Eating Burritos with cool New Yorkers we randomly bumped into in two different places
- Drinking coffee in a cafe at 11am
- Hanging out with my little brother and having those chats that make you feel really good.
- Strategically writing postcards so that no-one realises that I keep using the same phrases

No comments: