Monday 1 January 2007

New Year Resolutions

Nothing that revelatory, but still, posting them here might make me take them more seriously!
  1. Computers are for WORK, not for Facebook stalking...ahem...networking. I will stop mucking about when I have things that need to be done!
  2. Everyone always joins gyms in January. I'm going to be realistic. I'm going to go once a week, and if I go more great, but let's not carried away huh? The thought of going is already making me sleepless.
  3. Money is getting a little tight now that I'm in my 5th year of studentdom (incidentally, I recently realised that Southampton LEA gave me more per week to attend 80%+ of 6th form than the NHS gives me to train as a doctor... go figure). I'm going to write down what I spend every day so that I keep better track of what I have left!
  4. Last year I promised to keep in touch with my friends more. I kind of did, but I can do better. So I am going to again be realistic and promise to write to everyone who's address I have at least once this year - and indeed, I will become even more of an old man and get an ADDRESS BOOK. Dear Lord.
  5. I like it when I make a bloody effort to look nice (unlike now when I am sat with my hair dishevelled, my face all bristly and in my muddy ripped jeans), so I am going to moisturise, actually shave and try to think about getting my hair cut before it gets silly. (NB - I am still going to get my fantastic outfits from Primark though... maybe a bit of ASDA George if I get adventurous...)

Is there anything I have missed? Please feel free to tell me if you think I should be doing something, or indeed, if you catch me breaking these solemn promises...

Happy New Year! Isn't 2007 great?

No comments: