Sunday 11 March 2007

PAL in ME

[l-r Fozia, Kat, Milli, Seb]



LGBT Awareness Week wasn't the only thing filling my time in the first week of March. I was also preparing for a workshop which I was to deliver along with Fozia, Kat and Milli on Thursday 1st March.


There was a lot of hectic preparations and practice, but we all arrived at Foz's in the morning, dressed to kill (I even shaved off the dubious beard) for our drive to Wythenshawe.


We had a workshop session to demonstrate our Peer-Assisted Learning project to staff involved with Medical Education from the North West region. There were 2 sessions of 90 minutes each, and we each had sections that were 'ours' - although our comfortableness meant we often interacted with each other! I was "Geek Boy" with the statistics we gained from our research - which left me open to a few tricky questions!


Our workshops went really well. We really fell into our stride and knew our stuff. We really impressed the people who came and it was an ace feeling! A low was Dr Mark Bradbury falling asleep in the corner, but I suppose it has given me newfound respect for teachers who have to put up with less-than-ideal pupils!


Our new goal from the workshops is to make the project sustainable, and so once we've all had a relax, I'm sure we'll be up and ready to start recruiting and making this pretty damn brilliant!


So to my new friends and pioneers, Kat, Fozia, and Milli, cheers to us!


No comments: