Monday 4 December 2006

Cascade

As always happens when I should be focussing on something else (in this case, learning the National Service Framework for Children, Young people & Maternity Services http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAndSocialCareTopics/ChildrenServices/ChildrenServicesInformation/fs/en)
I have lots of other ideas filling up my head that I really would like to do something about.

Would anyone like to pay me just to come up with ideas all day and make and do things with them?!

As I am rather LGBT-obsessed at the moment, this is where my ideas seem to be focussed. Here is my relentless train of thought (somewhat condensed for attempted clarity):

I am worried that Student Direct (the UMSU newspaper) will not give us much space for LGBT Awareness Week 2007. So I would like to make our own magazine. That then made me think of the god-awful snubbing of our Peer Support Centre article, and I wonder whether the PSC groups should club together to create a "Welfare magazine", it would kind of be a one-off, with lots of advice info from the different groups, that would also help publicise the Peer Support Centre.
I'm now back on LGBT Awareness Week. Where will I be in February? Last year I just took a week off but I've realised I have no idea whether that's going to be possible this year. I really want to though. I want to invite lots of people to come up, I want the week to be brilliant! I'm hoping Bev and chums from IGLYO will do something, I would love Imaan to come again, and I know Shell is planning some LGBT History things. I'm excited! I'm looking forward to bribing people into giving ideas on Thursday in exchange for ASDA snacks and goodies.

I should stop now, my brain is like a leaking bucket and if I don't plug the hole then it's going to get bigger and I'm already going on enough as it is!

No comments: